Friday, February 8, 2008

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week

I have always loved fashion, I actually began college as a Fashion Design major. That soon changed when I realized I had zero talent for drawing and very little desire for such a fast-paced, competitive profession. But alas, my love of all things fashion has remained. So even though I know I will never be able to afford such lovely designer clothes, I still get giddy when I receive a fashion magazine in the mail or see photos from a fashion show. This brings me to the point of my post, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week has come to an end in NYC. I have been perusing the pics and found a few favorites that I can drool over.

(Rachel Roy, Tory Burch, Shipley & Halmos, Nicole Miller)
Yellow was seen all over the runway, which if you can pull off, I think looks so fresh and happy. I especially love the Rachel Roy outfit, it's so Josephine Baker.


(DKNY, Charles Nolan, Tibi, Milly)
I also loved the whole French feel that was going on: the berets, tie-neck blouses, flippy skirts, etc. So elegant, lady-like and very wearable, which is the most important factor to me.


(Isaac Mizrahi, Jovovich Hawk, Tracy Reese, Milly)
Lastly, there were punches of pink everywhere! I love pink when it looks feminine but not overly frilly and child-like. I think these looks pull it off nicely. I love the Jovovich Hawk outfit the most, adorable coat, patterned dress and that punch of blue in the belt. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment