Sunday, October 31, 2010

We're off to see the Wizard....

I hope you all had a wonderful, treat filled Halloween!

I handmade Sydney's Dorothy dress. This was actually the first dress that I've ever made and I was very proud of myself. I was worried that it may start falling apart at any moment all night. (It didn't!)

All us ladies know that it's all about the shoes! I mean, really, Dorothy has the best pair of shoes ever.

This was the first Halloween that Sydney kinda understood what was going on; after about 3 houses I think she figured out that, 'if I hold out this plastic pumpkin, then strangers will put
treats in it.' She never did say 'Trick or Treat' but she did say 'bye' to everyone.

She is sorting out her goodies. I think she enjoyed pouring out her treats and putting them back in the pumpkin more than anything, as you can see in her expression here.

The only 'treat' I let her have. She worked on it for about 5 minutes then handed it to me and went about playing and reading books. I guess she doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. Makes me wonder if this kid is really mine!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, she's so cute! Great job on the dress! I just got a sewing machine from a friend who didn't need it anymore, and have to learn to use it now. =)

    ReplyDelete