Monday, January 24, 2011

Workin Moma: Purple Rain

Important news first: If you haven't heard, my friend, Debbie of Dark Horse is expecting her first child in August! I'm so excited for her and her hubby. They are such wonderful people (with an amazing family too) and I know that this baby will be loved very much. I look forward to future play dates with Syd and buying lots of adorable things for the babe. (Which I'm sure will be dressed super cute without a doubt!)

I'm kind of going for a monochromatic look here, sticking with shades of purple and black. I really like how the contrasting purple tones turn out next to each other and I thought that the black skirt helped break up all of the purple overload.

Purple top, cardigan & tights: Target
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Sam Edelman

Syd (and Rita, the dog) trying to hog my camera time. How cute is she in her uniform and sweet red shoes?

This is a close up of my Sam Edelman shoes worn with a different outfit. I forgot to take a pic of them that day.

Also, I'm debating whether to join Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge again. Anyone participating this round?

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing the 30 for 30! For the very first time ever and I'm terrified. :)

    You look fantastic in this! That skirt is so fun and I really love all of the purples together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the purple...those shoes are fantastic..I will be doing the 30 for 30 and I am kinda nervous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all the purple here! I am filing away in my style inspiration folder :)

    And yes, doing the 30 for 30 again - I need to get planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monochromatic looks are my favorite, and you are rocking the purple look very well! I also think that skirt is just incredibly flattering on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sara! Love this purple outfit and that black skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! This is a favorite for me, you look terrific in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete