Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

I love books and I love to read. Always have, always will and now that I have a NOOK, I find myself actually reading more since I can use it in the dark while hubby/toddler sleeps. I also love the Goodreads community. I love being able to keep a nifty list of books I've read, want to read, am reading, etc. and I enjoy connecting with other people and getting suggestions on books I may enjoy. Endless possibilities people! If you love to read and haven't joined Goodreads, you should.

Anywho, they are having a 2012 Reading Challenge where you can set a goal for yourself of how many books you want to read in the new year. I've decided that my goal is 20 new books (so me re-reading The Huger Games series 10 times doesn't count), is my goal for 2012. I've added their widget to the blog sidebar if you wanna connect with me but here a few books I have on my list so far marked to read: 
I've actually started this book, I'm about halfway through and Mindy is super funny and adorable. If you watch The Office, then you are already familiar with Mindy's writing capabilities....she penned my favorite Office episode EVER, The Injury. And if it's your fav too, then we're automatic besties. 
I've been told that this book has a similar dystopian feel to it like The Hunger Games so it's on my list. It's actually sitting on my nightstand since one of my friends just finished it and passed it along to me. She enjoyed it and she has awesome taste in books, so I'm hopeful. 
This story has a circus(Love!), competing magicians(oh, magic!), and a love story(ahhhh)...I find these to be awesome elements for a good book. I've been hearing great things about the breathtaking and magical prose in this novel, so I'm looking forward to a rich storyline. 
This book is about Ernest Hemingway and his first love, Hadley Richardson and their tumultuous relationship. Also, I just found out that the author is going to be a Headline Author at the Amelia Island Book Festival, which in my hometown so it would be amazing to meet her. 
I decided to look into this book after a recommendation from my friend Debbie (who reads a TON, seriously) who suggested that she really enjoyed the book and she also said that it was going to be a series so that peaked my interest. This book is about a vampire and a witch and a mysterious manuscript that draws them to one another which is just vague enough to interest me. 
I have already read The Hunger Games trilogy several times but I know I will have to read this one again come March in anticipation of the movie. (I know these are 'Young Adult' books but I'm only 31 so I'm counting that as the younger side of adult.) If you haven't read them, I don't know if we can be friends. Not really, but maybe. Just read them already! 

What's on your 'To Read' list for 2012? I LOVE suggestions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment