Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quick Anthro Reviews & Purchases

Hello all! I just got home from a quick trip to Anthropologie to pick up the Tiny Windows Dress and they had two new items so I thought I'd do a quick review. Sorry for the crappy I-phone pics, I usually bring my Nikon D90 but I wasn't expecting to try on anything.


Blushing Avian Blouse, $98 (size 12)

When I spotted the Blushing Avian Blouse, I knew I had to try it on. I love the color and the cut on the hanger but when I got it on, the fit was kind of strange. You can see that it gaps a little in the front but I didn't need to size up because it was huge in the back. My Mom said it looked like one side was longer than the other in the back, so it didn't feel like it sat very well on my body. This is a pass for me.

On the other hand I loved the Sidewalk Garden Skirt. I love pencil skirts in general and the print on this skirt is lovely. The material is cotton and it has a little stretch to it which is great for me. Plus it has so many colors in it you can wear it with a variety of tops. My Mom loved this one on me so much that she bought it for me for my birthday!

Sidewalk Garden Skirt, $78 (size 12)

I ended up returning my Climbing Cowlneck that I bought over the weekend and bought the Tiny Windows Dress in pink. I know in my review I said that it gaped in the front but I wore a different bra this time and it fit perfect. Yeah! I am planning on wearing this dress to my birthday dinner on Thursday (I'm turning the big 3-0!). My Mom also ended up buying the Sidewalk Garden Skirt for me and the Candied Dots Blouse. (I have a review from this past weekend on this blouse that I will post later this week but I love it!) Also, I just remembered that I forgot to take a picture of my outfit today. Oops!

I do have one complaint about my trip to Anthro today, when I got home and started hanging up my purchases, I realized that they left the security tag on my Candied Dots Blouse. I am so upset because I live 45 minutes away from the closest store and I don't know when I'll get back. I still don't know why it didn't beep when I left the store but I'm really aggravated about it because now I can't wear it! :(

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you got your dress because that color looks so good on you! The Sidewalk Garden skirt is really cute too. That's too bad about them leaving the security tag on the Candied Dots shirt. I can't wait to see what you wear with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so peeved about the tag situation. I'm calling them in the morning to complain and see what they suggest. I really wanted to wear that top to work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new skirt looks great on you. Moms are the best! I also got the tiny window dress. I got the lavender version. I couldn't pass it up at that price. It will be a great birthday dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating on the security tag :( I hope you are able to get back to the store soon, so you can enjoy your new top. The skirt you bought looks great, and hooray for getting the dress to work, too!

    ReplyDelete