Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This week in Mommyland....


Having a 2 year old has its challenging moments, especially when you have a little miss sassy pants on your hands. Like when she blatantly tells me no or when she kicks me in the stomach as I'm changing her diaper and laughs in delight. But for every 'challenge' there is a 'triumph'. Like when she actually picks up something when you ask her to or when she looks at you with her head half down and says, 'sorry mommy'.

But my favorite moments are the ones filled with love, smiles, giggles and silly faces. Sydney has this new habit of putting her hands on each side of my face and saying, 'oh mommy' and then wraps her little arms around my neck and hugs me so tight. It is literally the best part of my day. I love how she has started giving me eskimo kisses, even when she has a snotty nose and proceeds to rub snot onto my face. It still makes me smile.

And when these moments happen I try to stop and tell myself that this is IT. Motherhood amazes me every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment