Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Weekend - Festival Time

This weekend our town (Amelia Island, FL) held their annual Shrimp Festival celebration and Sydney was finally old enough this year to really enjoy the kids activities and it was her first time seeing the fireworks. She had a blast! I just love watching her eyes fill with wonder and amazement every time she experiences something new. She was so funny giving high fives to all of the inflatable characters (example - the Geico gecko) and telling all the Pirates, 'Argh Matey', so they would give her a beaded necklace. (Pirates are our town mascot here.) It was so hot but we had a great time as a family and enjoyed my favorite part...all the yummy shrimp!

I took my I phone since lugging around my Nikon was not a option:
 1. Sydney rockin' her Hello Kitty tattoo. (and awesome shades!)
2. Enjoying the view from Daddy's shoulders.
3. Fireworks time!
4. Pony ride. She got upset with me because I wouldn't let her hug it.
1. My little pirate.
2. Beautiful sunset at the harbor. 
3. The Georgia Aquarium had an exhibit with horseshoe crabs.
4. Sydney met a mermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment